Players will need Medkits to cure the bleeding and Antidotes to cure the poisoning. Players can craft them on the bases when the have the materials:
- Rags and herbs, for the medkits.
- Herbs and water, for the antidote and the drugs.
Players can wear 3 Medkits, 2 Antidotes, and 3 Inhalers in their Inventory.
In my novel, I designed the Water Pipes inspired by the Arab Hookahs and the tobacco smoking pipes. In my novel, these pipes are used to consume drugs and “tobacco”, that in my novel is a set of herbs, minerals, dry fruits, and molasses. They can use water, juices, alcohols, infusions, and other liquids to fill the jar. Also, there are cold pipes and hot pipes. The hot pipes heat the liquid inside to liberate vapors and make the effect of the drug stronger. Because these pipes are crystal, they are heavy, so the survivors created Water Cigarettes. I based their design on the actual electronic cigarettes.
In the game, they are called Inhalers, and the players will use them to consume the drugs that will give some advantages in combat, like have more Adrenaline Time, resist more damage or run for more time without getting exhausted. To make the use faster in the game, we can use something like asthma inhalers like in the Dreed film.
Some examples are:
- Yellow Water. This drug will allow the players to recover the energy and sprint faster and longer without getting tired.
- Purple Water. This drug allows the players to do not feel the pain, which means that the players can spend more time bleeding and fighting without seeing the grey screen.
- Blue Water. This drug allows players to stay in the Adrenaline Time more time. Players need to use it before the adrenaline time ends.
There are different types of drugs that the players will be able to craft it using natural resources. All will be explained in the encyclopedia, inside the players’ Diary.